Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Holidays

I had been prepping my daughter for weeks about getting our family photo taken, and to be honest I felt like she was ready. I would ask her "how are you gonna smile for the camera?" and she would flash her pearly whites, and even throw her hand on her hip for extra cuteness. I really thought we were ready.

Well, I was wrong, dead wrong!

My sister generously spent her free morning driving us around and playing photographer. We started up in the forest, where I had done a session a few weeks before. But, within those short weeks, the leave's vibrant colors had started to fall flat, and the harsh sunlight was casting funky shadows all over that place. This was not my vision. So we ditched the forest and headed to a second location.

The second location wasn't much better, and by this time my daughter wouldn't stop crying and wasn't the least bit interested in smiling for the camera. I was having a meltdown, my husband lost his sunglasses in a 6 inch pile of leaves, and my poor sister was having to deal with all of us!

This what we got, it isn't nearly what I had envisioned, but it's us. Tears, frowns, laughs, missing sunglasses and all.




We decided Leah looks like one of those olden day photos, where everyone looks mad!

This was our Christmas Card this year. I found an amazing designer on Etsy.

Happy Holidays from my family to yours!

Ps~ we found the sunglasses!

0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP