Thursday, November 25, 2010

Being Thankful


I think this is the first Thanksgiving that I truly understand the meaning of being thankful. To put it simply, this year has been very hard on my family, and I've found myself walking around the past 5 months with anger in my heart. How could she be gone? Why has this happened? These are just 2 of the thousands of questions that I can't even begin to answer for myself but can't stop asking.
It finally donned on me this morning, that today is the day to put my anger aside and be thankful not just for the wonderful family with me now, but also the ones that are no longer here. So today I am thankful that 10 years ago I met my adorable husband and his amazing mother. I am thankful that she helped shape me into the wife and mother that I am today. I am thankful for the incredible wife, mother and nana that she was. I am thankful that I got to spend 10 years with her, and that I was able to give her a beautiful granddaughter.
I know that the wound is still fresh and that the anger will never completely subside, but, today I can be thankful. Thankful for you, Nancy.



0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP